This course prepares the student for the exciting and demanding career in Medical Billing and Coding.
Pre-Requisites: GED or HS Diploma
The course covers
- ICD-9 – a set of codes used by physicians, hospitals, and allied health workers to indicate diagnosis for all patient encounters. This section will teach the student how to identify and classify medical procedures using ICD-9 codes.
- ICD-10 -a revision of the ICD-9-CM system which physicians and other providers currently use to code all diagnoses, symptoms, and procedures recorded in hospitals and physician practices. This section will teach the student how to identify and classify medical procedures using ICD-10 codes.
- CPT/HCPCS – Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) is a medical code set that is used to report medical, surgical, and diagnostic procedures and services to entities such as physicians, health insurance companies and accreditation organizations. This section will teach the student how to identify and classify medical procedures using CTP/HCPCS codes.
- Human Anatomy – basic overview of human anatomy and physiology.
In addition, the course covers:
- Reimbursement, HIPAA, Compliance
- ICD 10 Code Modifiers
- ICD 9-Code Modifiers
- Intro to Radiology
- Intro to Pathology
- Inpatient Coding
A certificate of program completion will be awarded.
Accredited American Board of Healthcare Professionals
#medicalcoding #healthcare #medicalbilling #certification #icd10